It is our intention to set out clearly and simply the responsibilities which we at Unique to JAPAN, operating under the brand name of Heartfelt Japanese Experiences (“The Company”) have to You and any member of your party (“The Client”) and which You, in turn, have to us when a contract is made between us. Please consider our Terms and Conditions of Service, which are set out in full below.
The Client contract will be made with Unique to JAPAN, Heartfelt Japanese Experiences (the Operator). Should The Company book any transportation and accommodation on behalf of The Client, it will be subject to the conditions set out below, including but not limited to payment terms and cancellation.
The Company’s tours are sold subject to the following conditions (“these Conditions”).
- (a) The Company reserves the right to decline a booking request from The Client should we think the relationship is inappropriate in any way.
(b) A contract between The Client and The Company on the issuance of an invoice in response to The Client’s booking request. No booking is secured until after receipt of a deposit payment from The Client.
BOOKING YOUR TOUR
- Bookings are made through our webpage and must be secured with a deposit of ¥2,000 or 10% of the total tour price (whichever is greater). This deposit is non-refundable.
If The Client books within 7 days of the tour date, payment is required in full to confirm the booking. Please note, this may also include payment for any transportation, accommodation, entrance fees and sundry service charges specified in the offer.
As soon as The Client itinerary is confirmed, The Company will issue an invoice. The Client booking is only confirmed on receipt of the deposit payment. Balance payments are required at least 7 days prior to the start date of The Client’s tour. If The Client does not pay within the designated time period we reserve the right to cancel your booking and retain The Client’s deposit.
- Alterations or cancellations by The Client after a booking has been accepted and confirmed will be subject to the provisions contained within clauses 5 and 6 of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Client must clearly state all Client requirements at the time of booking. Please note that any dietary requirements will be offered on a request-only basis. The Company cannot guarantee special dietary requirements nor will The Company assume any responsibility or liability if your special requirements cannot be met.
- Cancellation of a booking by The Client should be made in writing via the contact form on the Company’s website (http://h-jexp.com/contact/). The Company will only consider cancellation given in writing by The Client. If The Client has sent notice of cancellation in writing and has received no written response from the Company, it is the responsibility of The Client to make contact with The Company by telephone [+81 (0) 80-6956-4032].
The following cancellation charges will apply:
|Days before the tour starts||% of tour cost forfeited|
|Over 4 days||Only Deposit|
|On the day||100%|
If the Company has made any reservations on behalf of The Client with any other agencies such as public transportation, tourist attractions and facilities, the cancellation policies of the individual service provider must be honored. Those cancellation policies will be stated separately, by the Company, within the tour itinerary at the time of booking confirmation.
- The Company reserves the right, at our discretion, to modify or cancel any tours or arrangements at any time under any extraordinary circumstances. The Company will notify The Client as soon as possible of any changes and they will form part of the contract with between The Company and The Client. In the case of any material modification or cancellation, The Company will, if possible, provide The Client with three alternatives:
(1) a trip of an equivalent or closely similar standard and price, if available;
(2) a trip of a lower standard together with a refund of the price difference; or
(3) cancellation with a full refund of all monies paid.
- A material modification is one which has a serious effect on The Client’s tour and includes a change of departure date, departure point or airport, or change of departure time of more than twelve hours, which would cause substantial inconvenience to The Client. The Company does not consider a change to the mode of transport to be a material change.
OUR LIABILITY TO YOU
- The Company will only be liable to pay the maximum amount of compensation where there has been a total failure to deliver the contracted tour or a suitable substitute. The Company will not be liable where any failure in the performance or provision of The Client’s tour is due to:
(a) The Client’s acts or omissions or the acts or omissions of another member in The Client’s group (b) any third party not connected with the provision of The Client’s trip and where the failure is unforeseeable or unavoidable.
(c) unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond The Company’s control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised or (d) an event which The Company or a travel service provider, even with all due care, could not foresee or
forestall (including but not limited to Force Majeure and unavoidable technical problems with transport and similar events).
- No refund will be made for services made available by The Company, as part of the confirmed itinerary of the tour package, which for whatever reason are not used by The Client.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY – FORCE MAJEURE
- The Company does not accept liability for any loss, damage or expense resulting from war or terrorist activities threatened or actual, civil unrest, industrial action threatened or actual, weather conditions, natural disasters, fire, flood, drought, closures, unforeseen alterations to public transport schedules, rescheduling of aircraft or boats, epidemic or outbreaks of illness or any other event outside our control which either delays or extends or reduces the tour, or compels a change in the tour arrangements after tour started (“Force Majeure”).
HEALTH AND MEDICAL CONDITIONS
- If The Client or any member of The Client’s party has a medical condition or disability which may affect The Client’s tour, we ask that The Client inform us in writing at the time of booking. The Client must clearly state any special arrangements required by The Client so that we are able to advise as to the suitability of those arrangements. If The Company has reason to believe that The Company is unable to satisfactorily accommodate any specific needs or requests made by The Client, The Company reserves the right to decline the booking. The Company also reserves the right to request that The Client be accompanied by another individual, who is able to provide full assistance in the requested areas to The Client, throughout The Client’s tour.
- 1 The Client is responsible for arranging comprehensive travel insurance before the commencement date of the tour. The Client’s insurance
protection must include cover for medical expenses, personal injury and accident, death and loss of personal baggage and money and personal
12.2 The Company is not liable, under any circumstances, for the payment of any medical expenses or other personal costs of The Client that
should be covered, as stated in the previous clause, by The Client’s insurance company.
12.3 It is The Client’s responsibility to ensure that the type of cover purchased by The Client is appropriate and comprehensive in Japan.
- The Client understands that future advertising and publicity material may include statements made by The Client, photographs, and The Client provides consent to The Company to make use of such comments or photographic/video likeness.